Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Korean Baseball!

Instead of saying "I hate watching baseball" from now on, I will say instead "I hate watching American baseball."  Today, we traveled to Jamsil to watch the Doosan Bears play against the Lotte Giants.  The crowds were so enthusiastic, which made the game much more enjoyable than American baseball!  Also, the game was much more exciting - there were actual hits and runs made. 
The enthusiastic crowd
Most of the songs the crowds sang in Korean to the tunes of American songs, such as the "I Love You Baby" song that Heath Ledger sings in 10 Things I Hate About You.  The songs were so loud and on tune - it was so awesome to see such a collectively happy group of people.


Around the 6th inning, people began to pass around orange bags.  We had no idea why until we watched others filling them with air and tying them on their heads.
The most interesting hats I've ever seen.
Ladies and gentlemen, I have never seen anything like this before.  After we stopped laughing over how funny/dangerous it was, we (of course!) had to join in on the fun.
When in Rome!
That's a picture of two ONU students - Jacob & Scott - wearing their bag-hats proudly.  I feel like this is somewhat dangerous, especially with children, but that's okay.  

No comments:

Post a Comment