Thursday, July 7, 2011

Mini-Series Post #4: "Midterm" Week

It's been a relatively unexciting few days, as it is currently "midterm" week (during my second week of class - hah!)  However, I've got a few exciting things to look forward too:
  1. International Party tonight, hosted at a bar in Wangsimni.  There is unlimited free alcohol and the dress code is "hot," according to the flyer posted around campus.  I'm looking forward to meeting more people in the HISS!
  2. Nanta performance on Saturday night, the "Broadway" of Korea, and "one of the best shows you'll ever see!" (The Scotsman)
  3. Clubbing in Hongdae Saturday night for my first time 
  4. Insadong on Sunday to view traditional Korean culture
  5. A tour to the DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) and JSA (Joint Security Area) - yes, I am doing it!  I am so excited.  A group of students are looking at tour dates...tentatively, we are thinking 7/20, as we don't have class on Wednesdays.  This tour looks like it costs 77,000 won ($77) but will be totally worth it.  Closer to our tour, I will do an informational post about these areas.  Noted as the "most dangerous place on earth," the DMZ is the most heavily guarded border on the planet.  
On an unrelated note, my lovely boyfriend, Greg, sent me 1-year anniversary flowers from Ohio.  Only he could pull that off:
Beautiful flowers from Greg
Thanks, Greg!  They are beautiful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment